How do I go about getting my tubes tied? What

Patient : How do I go about getting my tubes tied? What are the steps and who do I talk to about getting it done?
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Tubectomy is permanent family planning method in females. To undergo tubectomy, you can consult your doctor and express your desire. Then your doctor will refer you to obstetrician and gynecologist or you can take appointment with obstetrician and gynecologist directly. Usually for interval tubectomy two options are available, laparotomy and laparoscopic method. You can choose one of them depending on your obstetric history, general condition, possibility of abdominal adhesions etc and can proceed according to your doctor's advice. Take care.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I'm 20 years old and I have a concern about my vagina. The section between my labia majora and minora near my clit...

Q: I've been feeling like I'm going to pass out for the past 2-3 months now. I thought I might be anemic so I got my lab...

Q: Inner crease of labia red and sore

Q: I am wondering what is causing my pain. I am a 37 year old female.

Q: Hi, I am a 64 year female. I am seeing my doctor in a few days but I received my test results and I just wanted to ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon