Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How do I go about getting my tubes tied? What

How do I go about getting my tubes tied? What

Patient: How do I go about getting my tubes tied? What are the steps and who do I talk to about getting it done?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Tubectomy is permanent family planning method in females.To undergo tubectomy, you can consult your doctor and express your desire. Then your doctor will refer you to obstetrician and gynecologist or you can take appointment with obstetrician and gynecologist directly.Usually for interval tubectomy two options are available, laparotomy and laparoscopic method.You can choose one of them depending on your obstetric history, general condition, possibility of abdominal adhesions etc and can proceed according to your doctor’s advice.Take care.