How do I go about requesting an ultrasound?


Q: I am reaching my fifth month without a period. I have seen doctors that have done urine pregnancy tests but refuse to do a blood test or ultrasound because of the negative urine tests. My stomach has begun to swell around my belly button and my breasts have grown a cup size in the last four months. I am twenty five years old, married and I would really love to have a baby. How do I request an ultrasound from my doctor that doesn't want to provide me with that service? Even if I am not pregnant, I would like an ultrasound just to ease my mind.

Symptoms:  Swelling stomach with no weight gain, fatigue, irritability, minimal pain (like period cramps with no blood at all)

A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: What to take if you dont want to be pregnant and your period hasn't come for a month

Q: I rubbed my penis over my girlfriend's vagina. I did not ejaculate. It was covered in pre-ejaculate though and I had ...

Q: Hi I'm a 17 year old female and two weeks ago I started taking the contraceptive pill. Unfortunately I wasn't infor...

Q: If I my girlfriend and I were grinding naked during ovulation or the day before and I had Precum on my finger and fin...

Q: Had sex on day 14/15 of my cycle which is usually 27/28 days. We used a condom but it broke . He wasn't near ejacula...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon