How do i know if i have a inguinal hernia

Q: How do i know if i have a inguinal hernia

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and a very specific query.

I will try my best to simplify in such a way that yo may have a self-diagnosis.
Classical symptoms and signs of an inguinal hernia are:
- Gradually increasing swelling in either or both of the groin area, which the lowest part of the abdomen near the private parts.
- It enlarges on standing, coughing (impulse on coughing), straining at stool and at work.
-Goes down or vanishes on laying down or can be reduced (reducible); this is the thing no other swelling can have.
- It is usually painless unless complicated.

And on a lighter vain no one wants this to get operated within time.

I hope this answer helps you.
Clinical evaluation and physical examination by a General Surgeon confirms the diagnosis and you can have an appointment for surgery.