How do I know If my tesitcle is upside down?

Patient : How do I know If my tesitcle is upside down? I understand that one side (as in up or down) of the tesitcle is supposed to have an extremely thick tube attached to it. Is this the tail or the head of the epididymis?
Symptoms:  Slight swelling
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. It is very difficult for the testis to be overturned. The pain when this happens will be unbearable. One condition in which this happens is torsion of the testis. In torsion, there will be severe pain. If this fits your description, please see a Doctor. Hope this helps you. All the best.