Ask The Doctor > Pending > How do I stop or have less cramps in the

How do I stop or have less cramps in the

Patient: How do I stop or have less cramps in the back of my legs? I have cramps daily. Once a week I have one where it literally takes my breath away and I have to take a hit of my inhaler. Also it makes me throw up afterwards and leave me very disoriented. Then through out the week I’ll have about three small cramps a day. Its always my left leg. I have been told multiple things and nothing is working. It’s getting to where I can not walk without help because it’s constantly in pain. I feel like I’m losing control of my leg. My toes and feet are constantly going to sleep while I’m in the process of using my leg. It jerks constantly while I’m sleeping and it wakes me up. I just need the cramps to stop. What can I do?

Doctor: