Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How do i talk to my doctor about getting an D & C.

How do i talk to my doctor about getting an D & C.

Patient: How do i talk to my doctor about getting an D&C at 8 weeks. I been too stressed out and finding myself depressed. I do not know how to start asking my doctor if i can get an D&C

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually, up to eight weeks of gestational age medical termina tion of the pregnancy with tablets is possible.If any products of conception remain then D&C may be advised.So, after consulting your doctor, you can ask that you want to terminate the pregnancy.Then she will examine you and advise ultrasound.Ultrasound is necessary to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy and to estimate the gestational age.Then according to your doctor’s advice you can plan further management.Hope this helps.Take care.