Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How does this affect me

How does this affect me

Patient: Hi am 14 yrs old and I started getting little blister but then they got bigger so my mom took me to the doctor and the doctor told me I had herpes. But I never had sex or anything like that so how did I get it and will it’s stay in my body forever. And later in life will I be able to have kids and could I give it to my future partner

Symptoms: Blisters , redness , itchiness

How does this affect me-1

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Without taking a sample swabbed from this suspected area that may be caused by herpes, it w ill be difficult to determine if you indeed have this virus, just on visual examination alone.Please return to your doctor for a more thorough examination along with testing. If diagnosed with herpes, you will be a carrier for life and can potentially spread this to other persons. Your ability to have children will not be affected by this. Please follow up with your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com