How does ulnar nerve escape cubital tunnel?

Patient

Q: I hyper-extended my elbow in martial arts. Now my ulnar nerve subluxates. I would like to know how the nerve escaped the cubital tunnel and if it can be placed back in, and also if the nerve would stay in the cubital tunnel after being placed back in.

Symptoms:  Subluxating ulnar nerve
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.
Usually, the nerve just doesn't come out of the Carpel tunnel. It gets dislocated and gets compressed leading to Carpel tunnel syndrome.
Now, if it is slightly compressed, then local injections of steroids are going to help.
If the dislocation is severe, then the nerve decompression surgery is done and the nerve is released by splitting the tendon.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.