How effective are emergency contraceptives? About a month ag

Patient: How effective are emergency contraceptives? About a month ago my boyfriend and I had sexual intercourse while using condoms. I took a Plan B pill just to be safe afterwards. My period is almost 2 weeks late now, should I be worried or is it just the emergency contraceptive messing up my menstrual cycle?

Doctor: Hello,If you had taken an emergency contraception a month ago , then you would have experienced a withdrawal bleed wi thin 10 days of the pill intake , but if you didn’t have any bleeding , then now as you have missed your menses, you must rule out pregnancy first with a urine pregnancy test .ONCE RULED OUT THEN YOU MAY WAIT FOR YOUR MENSES TO RETURN NATURALLY AS PLAN-B IS KNOWN TO DELAY MENSES for next 2-3 cycles and its a common side effect.Hence rule out pregnancy first.regards