How effective are morning after pills?

Q: I had my last period on 9th of June (starting) until 15th of June (ending). I had coitus on 25th of June with a condom, but the condom broke. I took a norlevo pill a half an hour after the coitus. My next period is supposed to start on 9th of July. According to most of ovolution tracker calendars, I was ovulating at 25th of June (the day of the coitus). I don't take a regular contraception. Two weeks after the coitus I feel breast tenderness (which I usually feel before menstrual cycle), but not any other early pregnancy symptom. What are the chances that I can be pregnant?

Symptoms:  breast tenderness

A:   Most emergency contraceptive pills are 98 percent effective in preventing an unwanted pregnancy. These pills are to be consumed within 72 hours of the unprotected intercourse.
You did the right thing by taking the pill within half an hour of the intercourse. It is highly unlikely that you can be pregnant after taking the pill. The pill acts mainly by making the womb unreceptive to the fertilized egg thereby preventing a pregnancy.
Despite low chances of a pill failure, if you are anxious you may wait till the expected day of your period and then take a home pregnancy test to find out whether you are pregnant or not. Hope you find this information reassuring.