Patient :How fatal can an MRSA bacteria be if a little amount of its strain accidentally enters the eye ?
A 21 years old, male, microbiologist friend of mine was working with MRSA bacteria when a little amount of its strain got spilt and accidentally entered the eye. He was otherwise physically fit and healthy.
Although he was immediately given a first aid eye wash and was constantly given doses of Carbapenem antibiotics, he is feeling very weak.
How fatal can that small accident prove to be and why is he feeling so weak ?
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.