Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How high of a fever before needing to go to the doctor?

How high of a fever before needing to go to the doctor?

Patient: My fever has been high as 101.5 should I go to the doctor? 50 yr old adult female

Symptoms: Fever and kinda aching

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.If you would have described more about your symptoms associated with fever, i coul d have helped you in a better way. If you have any sore throat associated, you might be just having Acute Pharyngitis. In case you have burning in urine , this could be Urinary tract infection.There are numerous causes of fever. See your doctor. Let him/her evaluate and till then you can take Paracetamol as or whenever required basis.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy