How long am I contagious?

Patient

Q: I'm fairly sure I have a mild case of the flu, how long should I stay home from work? I started feeling sick on Sunday and didn't go in yesterday or this morning.

Symptoms:  Coughing, sneezing, sore throat, aches, headache, switch from being really hot to really cold, diarrhea
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. If your symptoms have resolved, and you are feeling well, you should be able to return to work by Monday or Tuesday of the following week. You risk of infecting other with the influenza virus will be lower.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com