How long can a pregnancy be sustained with progesterone at pre-ovulation levels?

Q: I'm almost five weeks pregnant (LMP). About a week and a half ago I had severe cramping off and on for about 5-10 minutes and the next day my BBT charts showed my temperature dropping below my cover line and it has stayed below the cover line for the past ten days. The day before this I took an early pregnancy test which was negative.
When I continued to not get my period (no spotting or bleeding whatsoever), I took another pregnancy test and it came back positive. It's my understanding that progesterone drives the temperature up after ovulation so I would assume that my progesterone levels are low, and too low to sustain a pregnancy.

I think I need to see a doctor right away and get on supplements but I'll need to apply for medicaid first. Should I wait to apply for insurance or does the situation warrant a trip to the ER? Is miscarriage inevitable at this point? (I would assume so but my hcg levels must be rising regardless of my progesterone levels - what does that mean?)