How long do i have to wait to take pentazocine

Q: How long do i have to wait to take pentazocine after taking alcohol

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question.

Do not use alcohol or medications that contain alcohol while you are receiving treatment with pentazocine. This may increase nervous system side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, difficulty concentrating, and impairment in thinking and judgment. In severe cases, low blood pressure, respiratory distress, fainting, coma, or even death may occur. Talk to your Doctor if you have questions about how to take this or other medications you are prescribed. Do not use more than the recommended dose of pentazocine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you.

I hope this will help you. Take care.