How long does a prescription drug stay in your body

Patient

Q: Just recently had to take stromectol, for scabies and I would like to know how long this drug stays in you body?

Doctor

A:   Every drug has different period of excretion from the body. Stromectol is an ivermectin drug and used for treatment of scabies. Ivermectin is metabolized in the humans. The plasma half life of ivermectin is 12 hours & that of its metabolites is around 3 days. Plasma half life means the period when half of the drug is utilized and removed from the plasma. I hope this information was useful .