How long does a prescription drug stay in your body

Patient : Just recently had to take stromectol, for scabies and I would like to know how long this drug stays in you body?
Doctor :   Every drug has different period of excretion from the body. Stromectol is an ivermectin drug and used for treatment of s cabies. Ivermectin is metabolized in the humans. The plasma half life of ivermectin is 12 hours & that of its metabolites is around 3 days. Plasma half life means the period when half of the drug is utilized and removed from the plasma. I hope this information was useful .