How long does it take for bronchitis to go away?

Patient : How long does it take for bronchitis to go away? I got it back in December, and since then I've been a mess of random symptoms. I've been congested consistently since December, plus my nose runs non-stop. I have had a few asthma attacks, despite not actually having asthma. I've been using my sister's spare inhaler, and I have to use it daily- I used it seven times yesterday. Is it normal to be this sick for six months?
Symptoms:  Congestion, sneezing, asthma attacks, wheezing, runny nose (the consistency of tears), waking up at night unable to breathe