How long does it take to get pregant after depo is taken out

Patient

Q: How long does it take to get pregant after the deop as I have no periods when I'll be ovulating?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

After stopping the depo shot, the time taken for the recurrence of ovulation and menstruation can differ from person to person.
Generally this time period varies from two weeks to two months.
Once the ovulation and menstruation starts, you can plan for pregnancy.
As you didn't get periods after depo, better to consult your doctor, get examined and go for an ultrasound.
Ultrasound helps in ruling out the possibility of pregnancy and in observing the status of endometrium.
After that, you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding.
After getting bleeding, you can track ovulation with ovulation kits and plan for pregnancy.

Take care.