Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How long does Xanax stay in your system ???

How long does Xanax stay in your system ???

Patient: How long does Xanax stay in your system ??? I’m 5’3 125 lbs female

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Xanax contains Alprazolam.The answer to your query depends on the dosage and frequency of intake of Xanax.In general, following oral administration, alprazolam’s peak concentrations in the plasma with 1-2 hours. Plasma levels are proportionate to the dose given. The mean plasma elimination half-life of alprazolam has been found to be about 11.2 hours (range: 6.3 to 26.9 hours) in healthy adult.So it depends on various factors. So, say for instance one has taken it in 0.25 mg, it will be eliminated from the body within 24 hours. But in case, you are talking about detection in tests, it can be detected later.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy