How long for cocaine and marijuana to leave unborn childs system?

Patient

Q: How long does it take for cocain and marajuana to completely be gone from a unborn child's system.

Doctor

A:   Cocaine and marijuana are one of the most harmful things one can do to unborn babies. Cocaine use and smoking marijuana can cause a woman to miscarry and may cause preterm birth, bleeding, fetal death and fetal strokes, which can lead to brain damage and death.
After birth, a baby who has been exposed to cocaine prenatally may go through withdrawal, signs of which include jitters and irritability.Smoking marijuana can affect the amount of oxygen and nutrients the baby receives from the mother's placenta, which may affect growth of the baby. In addition, marijuana can have long-term effects on infants and children, such as having learning disabilities, delayed milestones etc.
Cocaine and Marijuana smoked by a pregnant woman remains in the baby's fat cells for seven to 30 days. If there has been any use of cocaine or marijuana exposure it is highly advisable that the health care provider, doctor or midwife be informed about the same. All necessary arrangements to manage the baby and the pregnancy need to be made in advance in anticipation of any possible complications arising out of the substance abuse.