How long for my broken foot to heal?

Patient : Ibroke my foot 3 weeks ago.i just cracked the 4th and fith metatarsal.im on crutches and they put me in a boot.the injury happened out of state and i dont have a local doctor because i fired her recently.i know i should find another local doctor but im mad with the clinic.how much longer in the boot.how much longer on the crutches.also would it heal faster in a fiberglass or plaster cast.and could i go to the e.r and get a fiberglass or plaster cast in exchange for the boot if that would heal sooner
Doctor :   The healing time required for a particular fracture to heal depends on various factors like the site and type of fractur e, age, other health conditions etc. In general, prolonged healing time is common with foot fractures due to lack of rest, immobilisation and stability of the involved bones. Usual healing times may vary from from 4 - 6 weeks, regardless of the use of boot or plaster cast. However, it is more convenient with the boots as they can be taken off in bed, for bathing and for exercise. This way the unaffected joints can be kept mobile while the fractures are healing.