How long is the morning after pill effective for

Patient : Hi, my partner took the morning after pill yesterday after unprotected sex. However this morning we had sex again and the condom broke. Will the morning after pill she took yesterday still be effective within such a short period of time or will taking another pill be necessary?
Symptoms:  Birth control
Doctor :   Hello, The morning after pill would be effective to avoid unwanted conception due to intercourse done within 72 hrs of consumption. So in your case, there is no requirement of repeating the pill. You may wait for the withdrawal bleed to start within 7 days of the intake. If the bleeding starts then your partner is safe from pregnancy else if the period is missed then a serum beta hcg test needs to be done to look for raised levels to ascertain any pregnancy. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards