How long must I wait before I try to have a baby after a D and C?

Q: I am 38 with no health problems. I have a 17 year old daughter and I was expecting and lost the baby at 7 weeks on March 6,2010. I didn't find out until I was 5 weeks that I was expecting. I was taking diet pills the whole while I was a month and didn't know. I had a D&C on March 11,2010. How long does it take for the lining to build back up and how long should I wait to try again? I've met some ladies that have had D&C's and turn around and have healthly babies after 2 to 3 weeks after their miscarriage. What do you suggest? I don't want to miscarriage again?

A:   Lining of the uterus will begin re-growing almost immediately after the procedure. The length of time it takes depends on the length of your menstrual cycle. To be safe you should allow for one normal period before trying to become pregnant again. This should be enough time to allow the uterus to be back to normal.