How long should a person wait before testing for chlamydia

Patient

Q: How long should a person wait before testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea after possible exposure for accurate results?

I got tested about 17 or 18 days after possible exposure along with HIV and siphillis tests. Now , 8 months after possible exposure I'm experiencing vaginal burning sensation and became concerned. I called the clinic and I was told accurate urine test should be done at or after 3 weeks time but I wasn't told this at 15 weeks when I went back for HIV and siphillis testing. In fact I was told They were not going to test me for gonorrhea and chlamydia because the first test at 17/18 days should have picked it up or I should have by then had symptoms. All tests taken were been negative.

Doctor, could you please answer my question.
Thank you!

Symptoms:  I am experiencing extreme vaginal burning sensation but only after sex that lasts for about two or three days.

Reason I am concerened is because I am now reading on several websites so much info that is both confusing and scary because I feel all apply to me. In February I went through several weeks of feeling very sleepy- only had energy to go to school, eat, and slept a lot. Then I developed a UTI in April which I treated with a 7-day course of antibiotics and cranberry juice for a month. This was my first uti ever.

Now, May, I am experiencing extreme vaginal burning sensation but only after sex that lasts for about two or three days. I had intercourse twice in March and twice in May and experienced the burning on all four occasion with the first being mild and the second being the worst feeling of burning/irritation on both months. There is no foul odor in urine nor colored discharge other than the normal - that I can distinguish. Just yesterday night, sudden red veins appeared on my right eye (outer side) with mild pressure. I'm currently treating this vaginal burning with yeast medicine. I'm thinking all these were and are chlamydia and gonorrhea that have been not treated as such and individually treated.
Doctor