x
Browse
199 Physicians Online

Question:

How Long Should a Slapped Cheek Appearance of Fifth Disease Last?

My boyfriend got Parvovirus B19 (fifths disease) four years ago and still has the "slapped face" rash. Is this normal or should i recommend that he see a doctor?

Symptoms: " />

Answer:

A slapped face rash of parvovirus infection will usually last for 3-4 weeks. Since your boyfriend had it 4 years ago, he should have himself checked by a doctor, a dermatologist perhaps, to be sure it is not something serious. It is unlikely that a slapped cheek rash will stay for years. I hope this helps. Take care.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA