How Long Should a Slapped Cheek Appearance of Fifth Disease Last?

Patient : My boyfriend got Parvovirus B19 (fifths disease) four years ago and still has the "slapped face" rash. Is this normal or should i recommend that he see a doctor?
Doctor :   A slapped face rash of parvovirus infection will usually last for 3-4 weeks. Since your boyfriend had it 4 years ago, he should have himself checked by a doctor, a dermatologist perhaps, to be sure it is not something serious. It is unlikely that a slapped cheek rash will stay for years. I hope this helps. Take care.