How long should child be on strattera and other meds?

Patient

Q: 14 year old grandson has been diagnosed with adhd, anxiety, and ocb. He has been constantly on strattera for 8 years and recently on trazodone which puts him to sleep within 30 minutes of taking but awakens in a few hours. There have been numerous medications tried on him through the years.
I have always felt that his main problem is not ever having the undivided attention of his mother or father as he lives with his maternal grandmother.
Would it be safe for him to take a break from the strattera in the summer when school is out?

Doctor