How long will a morning after pill take to detox

Patient

Q: How long will a morning after pill take to detox from a womens body i have been trying to get pregnant but i took the pill a few times this year meybe thats why i cant ..... ???

Doctor

A:   Hi,

According to the half-life period of morning after pill it may take around one week to ten days for the elimination of content of tablet i.e.levonorgesterl from the body.
Repeated intake of emergency contraceptive pills can affect gonadal hormonal levels and ovulation, and that affect the fertility sometimes.
Please consult your doctor, get examined and undergo ultrasound.
If all findings are normal, you can go for ovulation induction with your doctor's advice and plan intercourse around the time of ovulation, this will increase the possibility of pregnancy.

Take care