How Long Will I Live With My Diseases?

Patient

Q: What is the average life expectancy of a female who was born with Cystic Fibrosis but also has cirrhosis of the liver and diabetes?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The average life expectancy for a person born with cystic fibrosis at present is 35 years of age. This will continue as better treatment and management become available over the years. With disease like liver cirrhosis and diabetes, life expectancy can be effected, but if these diseases are treated and managed by an expert medical team, then this may not have a direct effect.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com