Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How many pounds will I lose from treadmill

How many pounds will I lose from treadmill

Patient: I weigh 215 pounds i am 16 year old male.I am about 5’11 height. Around how many pounds i will lose from walking on a treadmill 4 miles a day for a month?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If you do not change your diet, and walking on a treadmill 4 miles a day for a month is yo ur only lifestyle modification, we can calculate how much weight you can potentially lose. If your pace of walking is moderate (20 minutes to a mile), then you can potentially lose about 4-6 lbs in a month. This is a healthy amount of weight to lose in a month.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com