Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How much can I lift when pregnant?

How much can I lift when pregnant?

Patient: Im found out last week that im pregnant and am now 5weeks pregnant and am a cna and I wanted to know how much I should be lifting? I dont wanna hurt my baby.

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Pregnancy symptoms do and don’ts during pregnancy vary from woman to woman and how the woman adapts to pregnancy. There is no limit as to the maximum how much one could lift during a pregnancy. As long as you don’t stretch too much on your abdomen and the muscles don’t over stretch it should be okay, but we can never say, you should be very cautions while lifting weights, it is generally better to avoid lifting heavy weights during pregnancy.Hope that answers your query.Have a good day.