How much does the Rhlg shot costs? I’M -O and my husband is AB+. should i plan prenatal?

Patient: How much does the Rhlg shot costs? I’M -O and my husband is + AB. Do I have to wait for the 28 weeks to get the shot? I dont have a Ob doctor, i dont have money or insurance to pay for prenatal.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Rh anti D immunoglobulin injection is recommended to pregnant woman with Rh negative blood group and husband having Rh positive blood group.Because if Rh negative woman carries Rh positive baby, sometimes accidental maternofetal blood mixing can occur. That may lead to development of antibodies against Rh positive cells in mother and these can affect Rh positive babies in future pregnancies.Cost of the Rh immunoglobulin injection can vary depending on the manufacturing company, it may range from 30 dollars to 100 dollars.This injection is usually recommended between 28 to 30 weeks of gestation.Please do consult your doctor regarding this and follow her advice.Take care.