How much Vitamin D3 and B12 should I take daily?

Q: Which multivitamin should I take to be healthier. My doctor said I have a D3 and B12 deficiency.

Symptoms:  I want to be healthy.

Thank you for your medical query at

Vitamin D3 or Cholecalciferol is the active vitamin d component in our body and is involved in the calcium, magnesium and phosphorus metabolism. A lack of vitamin d3 affects the calcium absorption, and the bones become brittle due to increased resorption of calcium. This leads to osteoporosis and is common after the age of 50. Hence, it is recommended that patients with evidence of joint pain should get their vitamin d3 levels checked along with calcium and that they should consume vitamin d3 regularly to prevent joint pain and other bone disorders.

The recommended dietary intake especially for those with deficient vitamin d3 levels would be 800-1000 IU daily. Most multivitamin supplements have up to 200 IU of vitamin d3. I will recommend you take Pharmaton vitality capsules once daily after discussing with your physician which has 200 IU of cholecalciferol. However, you need to meet an orthopaedic surgeon who can write a prescription for vitamin d3 tablets which has to be taken individually.

For vitamin b12, the recommended dietary intake is around 2.0-2.5 micrograms per day, which is normally found in a good diet comprising of dairy products, meat, eggs, poultry, e.t.c
If you take Pharmaton, it will provide you adequate vitamin b12 levels, apart from the diet. I will definitely suggest a good diet over supplement for cobalamin deficiency ( vitamin b12 ). It is extremely important in the neuromuscular system in our body.

Hope this was helpful,
Please feel free to discuss further,