How often should I get tested for STDs?

Patient : I would like to know how often should one get tested for STD's? When someone does get tested, which STD's can they test for and which ones can they not? thank you
Doctor :   There are no specific timeframes to getting tested for STDs, but roughly I would say that every time that you get engage d in sexually risky behaviors, the smart thing to do is getting tested. Testing for STDs is simple and relatively painless. There are various methods for testing, depending on the condition. Some STDs can be detected through a urine sample or swab, while others may require a blood test. This can be done through your primary care physician.