How risky is a hand job using saliva?

Patient

Q: My question is probably a variation of something that has been addressed numerous time, but I feel worth addressing.

I was at a strip club and received a hand job from a dancer. While getting the hand job, the dancer licked her hand during two occasions to provide moisture. She didn't spit or anything, buy obviously got enough saliva to provide moister! Additionally, my dancers with her were slightly after she did some dances with one of her 'regulars', who I have to assume had a similar experience. However, I know that she didn't use the restroom, and hence, potentially could have had something on her hand from a hand job she gave him!

So, the question is, I am just being OCD having any real concern about contracting something...or is there actually some risk with this scenario?

Many thanks.

Surf

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. This type of sexual encounter is very low risk for contracting a sexually transmitted infection. If the dancer had an active oral herpes outbreak or oral bleeding then the risk would certainly be increased, and we would recommend that you go to your doctor for sexually transmitted disease testing. If this was not the case, then we do not see this as something to be concerned with. In the future, practice safe sexual practices at all times using barrier protection. This will drastically reduce the risk of contracting STIs.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com