How safe are acne pills available on the internet

Patient

Q: Are oral acne pills like Pantothen and Biodermazen okay to take and what are the downsides?

Doctor

A:   Very little is known about the beneficial effects of Pantothen and Biodermazen and is most likely to be an internet marketing ploy. The treatment for acne differs from individual to individual and usually depends on the grade of acne infection.
Oral and topical antibiotics and retinoids are the preferred treatment choices. I would suggest that you consult a dermatologist before starting any treatment on your own, all the best.