How safe is laxatives for children

Patient : Good Day my boy is 2, and still not eating anything, he only eats Purity and stage 2 Purity Poridge. if he touch food or only touches is mouth, he vomits. i went already for all kinds of expensive tests but nothing. now he keeps on getting constipated! is it save to start giving him laxatives? because he cant eat anything? Please help
Doctor :   Many parents are concerned when their child does not eat properly. Reviewing what you have written, your son is most pro bably having a selective eating disorder. It is often seen that children with this disorder prefer to consume only certain types of food. The problem could have developed from an incident like choking or gaging during a meal.This condition is benign and will usually phase out as the child grows up. The constipation as the result of the picky eating can be treated with fecal disimpaction by  enemas. Once the colon has been evacuated, chronic laxative therapy is generally required. Any pediatric laxative can be used as long as it is used in sufficient quantity to produce 1-2 soft stools daily. Long-term success in the management of constipation depends on the child establishing regular and routine toilet times. It is recommended that the child be encouraged to attend the toilet twice daily for 5-10 minutes, preferably after breakfast and supper.