Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How Soon After Conception Do Symptoms of Pregnancy Start?

How Soon After Conception Do Symptoms of Pregnancy Start?

Patient: Well ive recently had sex with my bf and used no contraceptive or a condom. He came inside me…but 2 days later im feeling nauseas and have a sick feeling in my stomach. Within 2 days can you get symptoms ??…

Doctor: I understand your concern about pregnancy symptoms. The symptoms that you present are very common and could be related t o pregnancy, however two days after a possible fertilization would be considered too early for them to be related to pregnancy.These symptoms could be present before the next missed period, but they usually appear 10 to 14 days after conception. If you suspect that you are pregnant, I could suggest you to take a Home Pregnancy test, and this could be done as early as 10 to 14 days as well. I wish you the best