x
Browse
160 Physicians Online

Question:

How soon can I exercise after gallbladder surgery?

I will be having Gallbladder surgery and 2 weeks later i will be starting beginners yoga.. Will I be able to do yoga 2 weeks after Gallbladder surgery?

Answer:

There are two methods of gallbladder removal, open surgery or laparoscopic surgery. If you are undergoing open surgery, you will need approximately 6-8 weeks to recover before taking part in any strenuous activity. On the under hand, if you are having laparoscopic surgery, your recovery time will be significantly shorter. I suggest waiting 3-4 weeks before starting any exercise routine.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA