How soon I can test for pregnancy

Patient: I have been on birth control for about a year. My last period started March 17th and ended March 20th – 21st. I stopped taking them April 1st. I have started artificial incemination by means of needle-less syringes. The syringe is 3 mL and I have done this process about 4 or 5 times. I am concerned since I have spotted. I’m not sure if it was my period or if it was spotting. It was from April 6th – 8th. If I were still on birth control, my period would have started April 21st and ended the 25th. How soon can I invest in a pregnancy test?

Doctor: I understand your doubt about Pregnancy Test. The best time to get tested for pregnancy would be a week after your mense s due date. It is also recommended to use the first urine of the morning since it contains more concentration of HCG which is the hormone of pregnancy.You might also want to confirm the result with a Blood pregnancy test done by your healthcare provider. If you are trying to get pregnant, taking prenatal vitamins especially containing Folic Acid and iron would benefit you and your baby. I wish you a successful pregnancy.