Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How to abort a one month pregnant. Please help us.

How to abort a one month pregnant. Please help us.

Patient: How to abort a one month pregnant. Please help us. Thank you

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,A medical abortion of 5 weeks gestation as per laws can be undertaken in a certified me dical termination centre under the supervision of a physician ideally. At 5 weeks , the pregnancy can be terminated with medications itself without a need for surgical intervention. Mifepristone and misoprostol are the drugs used in the procedure and unfortunately it is not ethical to advise the protocol on line as there are chances that the woman may experience heavy bleeding during the procedure and may experience dizziness and often weakness , which can be controlled with iv fluids if the procedure is undertaken in a hospitalised care.So , it is suggested that you meet your physician in person and discuss the options available for you.I hope i have answered your query,regards