How to addget a bigger butt

Patient : How can I go from flat butt to bigger butt
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Buttock Augmentation is becoming an increasingly popular procedure performed by plastic surgeons. Many women are interested in improving the appearance of their buttocks by changing the shape. Most women have either a flap backside or have experienced some amount of sagging over time. There are currently 2 options for buttock augmentation available. 1) Gluteal (buttock) implant. These are silicone implants surgically implanted to change the shape of the buttocks. These have fallen out of favour in the past few years as they leave scars from the incisions and are susceptible to infection, exposure and extrusion. 2) Fat transfer or a Brazilian Butt Lift. This technique involves harvesting fat (liposuction) from areas around the body like the stomach, love handles, thighs and back, and transplanting the fat into the buttocks. The scars are small wounds no bigger than 1 cm in length. The advantage of fat is that it is permanent and your own tissue. That means that it will not become infected in the future and there is no 'foreign body' present. The caveat is that about 40-50% of fat grafts tend to resorb. Therefore, the amount of augmentation right after the surgery will be an over exaggeration of the final outcome. It is important to search for a board certified plastic surgeon to perform this procedure. Please discuss these options with your surgeon to determine the right option for you.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi , I had restylane filler on Tuesday and I am worried as I have devolved a temperature with cough and sore throat ,...

Q: To doctor 565378 only Doctor I visited a new ENT/Plastic surgeon. He felt that before nasal valve surgery he would li...

Q: Hi, i had a cleft lift surgery/ basscom surgery for removal of Pilonidal cyst last Thursday on 20th October from a BC...

Q: I had Smartlipo 3 months ago and have these dark lines that persist on my inner thighs. I know that hyper-pigmentatio...

Q: I got a single protruded ear so what are the most likely be helpful to retract it to same level with the other one?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon