How to avoid erections in public

Patient

Q: I'm a male, 21 years old, bisexual, and not very experienced in sexual relations. I have a problem with nudity - whenever I am naked around people, I get an erection. I do not know exactly where this derives from, but regardless I want to make it stop, because it's frustrating. I cannot go to the steam room, cannot use comunal showers, cannot pose nude, nothing. The situation differs, however, with my parents and siblings. We have never had problems with nudity, so whenever I am around them and have to, for example, change my clothes or whatever, I don't have this problems. With others I do, perhaps when I'm naked around other guys more so. I would like to make it stop because I do not want to feel like a pervert or a freak. Other guys, whether homosexual, bisexual or straight have none of this problems and it really bothers me that I do. Please help and thank you so much in advance,
Mark

Symptoms:  uncontrolled erections whenever naked in public
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done from a medical standpoint to prevent this from happening. In fact, we consider this to be a normal behaviour and a sign of a very healthy male reproductive system. With time, it is possible that you will be able to have better control over this. We do not see this as a medical problem.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your health question.