Currently there is no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection (Coronavirus). The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Below is a list of some things you and your family members can do to prevent contracting this virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 60 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses.