How to fix and prevent

Patient: About a month ago my shin dislocated from my knee and then returned to its normal spot but it still hurts. What should I do to stop the pain and prevent it from happening again?

Symptoms: Sore muscles around the knee

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If you have not done so already, please see your doctor to have your knee examined. You may need to have an MRI performed to determine if there is any severe damage to your knee joint. Your pain can be treated with prescription analgesic medication along with wearing a supportive knee brace to take pressure of the knee joint while you walk in order to facilitate healing. Please follow up with your doctor for further evaluation.Thank you for consulting