Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How to get an abortion without parents consent.

How to get an abortion without parents consent.

Patient: I am a 16 soon to be 17 year old female from Wisconsin..and I just found out that I am pregnant. I am not sure how far along I am. Is there any possible way I could get an abortion without my parents finding out.. because if they find out they will kick me out and maybe make me go back to my fathers. But my father has abused me my whole life while living there… My boyfriend is trying his best to support my decision of wanting an abortion and I also don’t know how I would pay for it. Neither of us have jobs or make money. Would insurance possibly cover it ? I need urgent help..so I guess my question(s) would be* Can I get an abortion without parents being notified? and*How would I pay for the abortion ?

Symptoms: My stomach is starting to grow and my belly button has popped out 🙁

Doctor: Thank you for your question. In your state, you are required to have one of your parents; a foster parent; a grandpare nt; or an aunt, uncle, or sibling who is at least 25 years old give permission for your abortion. A judge can excuse you from this requirement by providing you a parental bypass. We understand your fears about telling your parents regarding this and if you are being abused, it is likely that this could place you in a difficult situation.There is an organization in your state called Planned Parenthood, who can assist you in terminating your pregnancy at little to no cost. You can easily find a planned parenthood office near your area by going to their website: http://www.plannedparenthood.org for more information. They will be able to provide you with any and all support you will need during this challenging time. We wish you the very best.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com