Ask The Doctor > Pending > How to get back on add meds

How to get back on add meds

Patient: I was diagnosed with add in 1st grade. I was first diagnosed in tennessee when I lived with my mother. I moved to Michigan in the 4th grade to live with my dad I was re avaluated and was put back on Ritalin and concerta. Midway through my freshman year of highschool my dad made me stop taking the medications. I ended up flunking out of high school because of grades. I am now 24 years old and looking to get back on my medication. I’ve been fighting with my ADD for a few years my bosses at my job have took notice on how I always bounce from task to task, never completing anything first. I recently just bought a house and haven’t completed a single task everything is partially done. My family members have told me numerous times I need to get back on my meds. It’s been about 9 years since I’ve taken them I’m just wondering how I go about getting back on my medication. Will I need to transfer files from my pediatriton and send them to a primary doctor?Will I need to get re diagnosed?



Symptoms: Distracted easy
Can’t focuses for a long period of time
Never complete one task always focusing on another
Always procrastinating
Always feeling like a failure now that I have 2 young children.





Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He currently operates a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment