How to get back on add meds

Q: I was diagnosed with add in 1st grade. I was first diagnosed in tennessee when I lived with my mother. I moved to Michigan in the 4th grade to live with my dad I was re avaluated and was put back on Ritalin and concerta. Midway through my freshman year of highschool my dad made me stop taking the medications. I ended up flunking out of high school because of grades. I am now 24 years old and looking to get back on my medication. I've been fighting with my ADD for a few years my bosses at my job have took notice on how I always bounce from task to task, never completing anything first. I recently just bought a house and haven't completed a single task everything is partially done. My family members have told me numerous times I need to get back on my meds. It's been about 9 years since I've taken them I'm just wondering how I go about getting back on my medication. Will I need to transfer files from my pediatriton and send them to a primary doctor?
Will I need to get re diagnosed?

Symptoms:  Distracted easy
Can't focuses for a long period of time
Never complete one task always focusing on another
Always procrastinating
Always feeling like a failure now that I have 2 young children.