How to get help with Suicidal depression while afraid to go in alone.

Patient

Q: I hope I'm doing this right, Hello. I suffer from very bad depression and frequently have suicidal episodes. I want to get help but after my last experience in a hospitol I am afraid to go in by myself and to be alone in there. I cannot afford therapy, which might work on it's own, because I've been unemployed for six-seven months. My recently ex-fiancee wants to help me get assistance but the only thing she knows how to do is call the cops and I'm afraid it'd be just like the last time I went to a hospitol. I'm also afraid to call suicide hot-lines because I've heard they can call the cops as well. I'm not opposed to going to the hospitol, but I'm afraid of going alone. I've heard about places where you can go to for full day therapy rather than an hour once a week which I feel would be much better for me, but I don't really know anything about those and I'm afraid of them as well without knowing more. I don't want to be trapped somewhere.

My question is, basically, how can I get help and how can I have my ex-fiancee or possibly another friend there so that I'm less afraid and can feel safe?

Doctor