How to get rid of surgery scar from achilles tendon operation

Q: I had an achilles tendon tear about 2-3 years ago. I was wondering what the best way to get rid of the scar would be? I have attached a picture to this question for you to look at.

How to get rid of surgery s...-1

A:   Thanks for your question. As you can imagine scars are one of those permanent things on your body that you wish you could remove. As medicine and science get more advanced, we are learning many new methods to help git rid of those pesky scars. My suggestion for a non-abrasive treatment would be to try and use an aloe-vera cream or gel on the scar and keep it away from as much sunlight as possible. Over time it may help reduce the scar. You must apply the aloe-vera a few times daily and consistently over a long period of time. You may also go see a plastic surgeon to see surgical options for scar removal. Best of luck.