How to get SGPT Level to with in Range

Patient

Q: Dear Doctor,
My ALT SGPT is at 54 U/L. my height is 5.34 ft. and Weight is 87 Kgs. and Glucose about 169 (in Fasting). How to reduce SGPT Level. Is it Alarming. Kishore

Symptoms:  Blood Test REport
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Yes, your liver enzyme is slightly raised which requires evaluation of the cause.
Most common causes of such liver derangements are Alcohol, Viral hepatitis, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Drugs.
In case you are taking any medicine, it might be responsible for this derangement.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. HBsAg for Hepatitis B.
2. Anti-HCV Antibody for Hepatitis C.
3. Ultrasound Abdomen.
In case you are taking any medicine this would require reconsideration.
In case you consume alcohol, you have to quit.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy