How to identify pregnancy - tests are negative

Patient

Q: Hi
My gf had her periods on 21 October then on 23 rd November. We had unprotected sex on 17th December. Then as she missed period on 23rd we had home pragnency test on 27th dec which was negative. We did it 3 times with different companies kit and all were negative. Today on 2 January we did test again with 2 kits and those were negative as well.

Please help why she is not having periods what should we do now.

Symptoms:  Missing periods
Doctor

A:   Delayed menses can be caused by a variety of reasons other than pregnancy. You did the right thing by testing for a pregnancy right away by using a pregnancy kit. If multiple kits have shown a negative result, you can safely assume that your girlfriend is not pregnant.
Stress, lack of sleep, weight fluctuations etc. are all factors that can lead to delayed cycles. Hormonal imbalances, weight fluctuations, thyroid illness, polycystic ovaries etc. are also other causes of delayed menses.I don't think in your girl friend's case the reason for the delayed periods could be pregnancy especially as all the pregnancy tests have tested negative.
I would advise that you wait for at least 2 - 3 weeks for the onset of her periods. As longer than normal cycles are part of the variations in one's cycle lengths that every woman undergoes with age, she could just start her periods a little late this month. If the absence of periods i.e amenorrhea persists after 3 weeks then it would be okay to consult with a gynecologist or family physician regarding the same.
The doctor will examine her and will probably advise certain hormonal evaluations, ultrasound examinations to determine the cause of delayed periods. The treatment of the same would largely depend on the underlying cause but would also involve hormonal treatment with progesterone containing pills that will help to induce a withdrawal bleed.
Most of the times such delayed cycles are just the body's reaction to our stressful lives and generally the cycles regularize with time. Persistently irregular cycles (longer than 6 months ) however definitely warrant a medical opinion.